Welcome to About My Drinking
Are you concerned about your drinking or other drug use, or the drinking or drug use of someone you care about?
About My Drinking can help you answer these questions:
Am I an alcoholic?
Am I drinking too much?
Is my alcohol use a problem?
Is my drug use a problem?
Am I an addict?
Is my spouse an alcoholic?
Is my spouse an addict?
Once you sign up, your private login gives you access to personalized tools and information:
- Assess your current (or past) drinking patterns
- Compare your drinking to others who are your same age and gender
- Understand the difference between safe alcohol use, alcohol abuse, and alcohol dependence
- Use a diary to track how much you drink or how long you stay abstinent
- Set goals for cutting down or quitting
- Explore a program of abstinence from alcohol and other drugs
- Learn more about what you can do to help a friend or loved one
- Learn about treatment and recovery options for problem use
- Opt in to receive weekly e-mail reminders to keep you moving forward
Use the About My Drinking Screening Tool
Sign up to take the anonymous About My Drinking screening tool, which will ask you eighteen simple questions to compare your alcohol use to others who have completed the screening.
This screening tool provides you with information on the financial and health impact of your current drinking levels. It also rates your risk of alcohol-related harm, using the following categories:
- No Problem
When you sign up, you’ll be able to access educational tools to help you or a family member reduce risk or harm from alcohol or other drug use.